How do reviews work?
Writing a review
- To leave a review for your recent experience, go to your educator page reviews, click on Review Tab, and wtite your Review.
- Reviews are limited to 100 words and must follow BMA's Content Policy. Our community relies on honest, transparent reviews. We will remove a review if we find that it violates our review guidelines.
Can I edit a review I wrote?
Can I delete or respond to a review I disagree with?
- You can respond to reviews, but you can't delete them. To promote trust and transparency in our community, we won't delete reviews unless they violate our content policy.If you think a review written about you is false or exaggerated, you can write a response that will show up directly below the review and be visible to other users and educators.
What is BMA's Content Policy?
- By posting content in public areas on BMA, you agree to abide by these guidelines and all other BMA policies. We reserve the right to remove any content, in whole or part, that violates these guidelines or our Terms of Service, or for any other reason at our sole discretion.
- In the event of repeated or severe violations, we may suspend or permanently deactivate the account(s) in question.
- You can flag or contact us about posts that appear to violate these content guidelines.
- We don't allow:
- Advertising or other commercial content, company logos, links, or company names
- Spam, unwanted contact, or content that is shared repeatedly in a disruptive manner
- Content that endorses or promotes illegal or harmful activity, or that is profane, vulgar, obscene, threatening, or harassing
- Content that is discriminatory (review our Non-Discrimination Policy for more information)
- Attempts to impersonate another person, account, or entity, including a representative of BMA
- Content that is illegal or that violates another person’s or entity’s rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights
- Content that refers to the details of an BMA investigation
- In addition to the above, the following guidelines apply to specific types of content on BMA:
- Listings and profiles: Content that is fraudulent, false, misleading, or deceptive
- Reviews that do not represent the author’s personal experience.
- Reviews incentivized by a promise for payment, additional services, or a discounted rate
- Reviews motivated by a threat of extortion (review our Extortion Policy)
- Content that is off-topic, doesn’t ask a question, or doesn’t offer knowledge in response to a question as part of a larger discussion
- Trolling or repeatedly targeting community members
What is BMA's Extortion Policy?
- Reviews are a way for BMA users and educators to share their experiences with the community. Any attempt to use reviews or review responses to force a user to do something they aren’t obligated to do is a misuse of reviews, and we don’t allow it.
- This policy applies to situations including, but not limited to:
- Users threatening to use reviews or ratings in an attempt to force a educator to provide refunds, additional compensation, or a reciprocal positive review.
- Educators requiring a user to leave a positive review or rating, or to revise a review in exchange for a partial or full refund, or reciprocal review. Educators also can’t offer a free or discounted activity in exchange for a user revising an existing review.
- Educators asking a user to take specific actions related to a review in exchange for a resolution to a dispute between the parties.
- This policy does not prohibit:
- A user from contacting a educator with a problem prior to leaving a review.
- A educator from asking a user to leave an honest positive review or rating reflecting a positive experience.
- A educator or user from revising a review within the time constraints for revision.
- Educators and users cannot edit reviews after they are published.
- By posting a review, you agree to follow all BMA guidelines and policies, including the Extortion Policy, which BMA may enforce at our sole discretion. Failure to do so may result in the restriction, suspension or termination of your BMA account.
- If you think you've experienced extortion, please contact us at [email protected]
How do star ratings work?
- In addition to written reviews, users can submit an overall star rating and a set of category star ratings. Educators can view their star ratings on their Educator login page. Users can give ratings on:
- Overall Experience. What was your user’s overall experience?
- Cleanliness. Did your users feel that your class was clean and tidy?
- Accuracy. How accurately did your listing page represent your class?
- Value. Did your user feel your listing provided good value for the price?
- In each category, you’ll be able to see how often you get 5 stars, how users rated nearby educaiors, and, in some cases, tips to help you improve your listing.